I love my Canadian husband for many reasons. But on days like today I especially love him. Everyone loves Thanksgiving. I have yet to meet someone that doesn't. Being married to a Canadian has many perks. But there's one in particular that makes me happy. I get to celebrate Thanksgiving twice! Canada celebrates Thanksgiving just like Americans do as far as the food goes, it's just at an earlier time. Their Thanksgiving is on our Columbus Day. Thanks to a reminder on Sunday, I , with the help of many friends pulled a Thanksgiving dinner together for Jamie. It was so fun! I am a dork and wanted it to be a surprise for Jamie. I left a note on our door for Jamie telling him to go to a certain house and that's where his surprise would be. It all would have worked out except I forgot the drinks at my house and you can't have a Thanksgiving dinner without the grape juice drink! So on my way home to get the drinks I called Jamie to find out where he was. He said he was 'broken down' and that I needed to come and get him. Well, a few seconds later I spotted his car coming towards me. Surprise spoiled! Oh well. The food tasted the same regardless. It was all so yummy! Everyone that came contributed very delicious dishes! It was so much fun getting together! We even sung the Canadian National Anthem 'O Canada'. Now if that isn't straight up awesome I don't know what is.
This is the 'eating room' decorated in red and white. We got a good chuckle because Canadians don't decorate for Thanksgiving but for some reason we needed a reminder of why we were celebrating, or maybe we just wanted to blow up balloons and hang up streamers, ya that's it.
Waiting around for the turkey to be carved. We had two turkey's so it took a while to get both all cut up. Which by the way, I was really proud of myself. I cooked turkey all by myself, without any supervision! I am so excited to add cooking turkey's to my list of things I can do. I know that's silly but I was really nervous about cooking a turkey all alone! Thank goodness for phones!
The chill'n Chatterley'sFor some reason I didn't get a picture of the host family. The paint'n Platt's. Sorry guys. Better luck next time. And again, thanks for opening up your home for the grand Canadian celebration.
After dinner the guys made their way to the living room to chat it up and the ladies started cleaning up the food. The kids thought that it would be fun to run around without their shirts. I had to get a picture of it. Here they are telling me to smell their pits. Good thing they haven't hit puberty yet or else I think it would be rather stinky.We had so much fun hanging out with our friends enjoying some turkey. We have truly been blessed with the friends that we have made here. We are one lucky family to have such great friends.









7 people showing their love:
Morgan it sounds like you guys had a fun time and have some great friends in good old Texas. Oh by the way CUTE Hair. I like it.
Mike was going to call Jamie to tell hm "Happy Thanksgiving," but you know how those intentions go. Glad you had a fun get together!
What a fun party. It was great seeing pictures of our San Antonio friends.
We had so much fun, and ate way too much, Thanks!!
Hey, at least we have a picture of Cael with his shirt off... we'll call that close enough :)
What a party!
I haven't had to cook a turkey by myself yet. I would be so nervous, too. I'm trying to acquire more cooking skills but about all I can make so far is chicken enchiladas. So go you! Yay for your turkey skills!
I "make" my husband celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving every year. Who wouldn't want two Thanksgivings. Your hair is really cute by the way.
Post a Comment