Okay so I don't think that I am going to be the type to post a bunch of recipes but this was AMAZING! I got this recipe from my friend Daleen...she isn't a blogger quite yet but anywho. This was the best potato soup!
Here is the ingredients!
Potato Soup
5-7 Potatoes peeled and cut
1 cup half and half
3 Stalks of celery, chopped
3 Carrots, peeled and chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 Cups Chicken stock
2 Tbls. Butter
1/2 lb. cooked bacon, crumbled and drained, drippings reserved
1 Cup sour cream
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Peel and slice potatoes. Bring potatoes to boil with chicken stock for 5-10 minutes. While potatoes are cooking saute' onion, celery and carrots until onion is translucent. Add to potatoes. Cook until potatoes are soft. Turn off heat. Fold in half and half and sour cream. Add 1/4 cup bacon drippings. And salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions.
So that is the original recipe...but I changed it up a bit. I used the bacon in the soup. So after I added the half and half and sour cream that is when I added the bacon. The bacon was nice and crispy in the soup. I guess I used the bacon as an ingredient and not just a garnish. It was sooo good. Even Jamie liked it which is quite the task. He is the pickiest eater ever! So if he liked it then you are bound to enjoy it!
Friday, November 30, 2007
Yummy, yummy heart attack!
Posted by Morgan at 7:52 PM
Labels: yummy recipies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 people showing their love:
Tell Daleen THANKS!
Thanks for the recipe. I am trying this tomorrow for dinner. I will let you know how it goes! :)
Post a Comment