Thursday, July 17, 2008

Are you kidding me?

Today was a first for me. I was calling the doctors office to make an appointment. I was giving the lady all of my info., name, phone number, insurance stuff. She asked me if I was the policy holder and I said no. She asked for the name of the policy holder and I said Jamie. She then asked me if I was a lesbian.....Ugh, no, that's my husband's name. She apologized and told me that there are a lot of "them" in this area. I am not so sure I want to be going to this office after that little experience. But seriously, who asks that???

9 people showing their love:

Rolyndia said...

I don't know if I would be going to that office either. Hope you find a dr you like and the staff that you like.

Anonymous said...

Maybe James would be the better name to use for that area... Yikes!

Dacia said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that someone would say that!

BriANDaleen said...

That stinks! Seriously, maybe you should find a different doctor.

Anna said...

what the heck? who would ask that? crazy lady!!

Jennie said...

Are people complete idiots? I wonder sometimes!!

Valerie: said...

hehe i cant believe she asked you that. So weird. Maybe she was a lesbian herself and she was single hehe Where do you guys live?? I thought in rexburg?

HTF said...

Can she really just ask a question like that?! cracked me up, I can just imagine the face you made. My favorite part was ... "them"
sheesh

emilie s. d. p. said...

Oh my goodness! That is SO terrible and SO hilarious at the same time. I'm so sorry for you, I hope that's the last encounter like that you have!