So this isn't my picture but I thought it was really cool...a color x-ray. Some of you might already know this but I have a jaw problem. It all started after having my tonsils out. The problem isn't a little click when I chew or grinding teeth causing pain. Since having my tonsils out I can't open my mouth anymore than maybe an inch and a half. This makes eating rather difficult, especially cereal. I shave off the top part of the cereal that is on the spoon. I tried going to a chiropractor a few weeks ago and nothing that the guy was doing seemed to be helping...just making it worse. I called and made an apt. with the dr. that took my tonsils out. I had that appointment today. I found out that not only do I have a problem opening my mouth but when I do open my mouth it goes to the left. Awesome. That dr. referred me to a physical therapist. The physical therapist got me in this afternoon. I was there for almost an hour and a half. He did all kinds of things to my jaw and the muscles around it. He did some electronic pulses, a laser thing, and an ultrasound treatment. The last thing that he did was the most painful "exercise" I think I have ever had. He did a deep tissue rub on my neck. I didn't think that I had a problem in my neck but he proved that one wrong. I was in tears it hurt so bad when he was rubbing the muscles. The physical therapist thinks that it will take 3 to 4 weeks to get my muscles and tendons to relax back to normal. I am a lucky one and get to go see this guy that brings me to tears every day for 2 weeks and then every other day for the two weeks following. Hmph. I am so done with doctors.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Problems with my jaw
Posted by Morgan at 9:53 PM
Labels: Day to Day, Morgan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 people showing their love:
You poor thing. You guys have had a little too much time spent at doctors lately! UGh. I hope your jaw gets back to where it should be! That post below is so funny too! I bet you just love those girls! :)
I hope your jaw gets better soon. I've had jaw problems before so I know it's kind of scary. I always worried that my jaw would get stuck in a weird position and I wouldn't be able to move it. Good luck the the physical therapy.
That sounds like no fun at all!! But at least they know how to fix it right?
The thong story is hilariou...isn't it funny when you are on the adult side of the situation-just seems like yesterday when we weren't huh?
I am SO sorry to hear that. I hope the doctors didn't mess it up worse when they took your tonsils out! It seems like I was in YW's just the other day laughing about stuff like that. So funny.
sounds terrible. i hope the dr. visits get less painful the more you go. i'll keep you in my prayers, how bout that.
Jaw issues are the pits! Isn't it amazing how much the physical therapist can hurt you?! but if they actually get you back to working order it will be so worth it!
I didn't know you had that problem. I'm so sorry. I hope you get back to feeling good soon.
Post a Comment