Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Date Night

Last Saturday night Jamie and I went on a much needed date. We probably wouldn't have gone except it was for an assignment in Jamie's Building an Eternal Marriage class. The title of the assignment was "Celebrating differences Date". I must admit I was a little nervous when Jamie told me what the title was. Basically what the directions were was to go on a date and the first half of the night I got to choose what we did. It had to be something that I really enjoy doing. Then the second half Jamie got to choose what we did. For my half of the date I chose to go window shopping. I know I know it sounds lame right? Well, the way I window shop I think is too fun. I go to any and every store and walk through the store and while I walk around I grab all the clothes that catch my eye and then I go to the dressing room and try them all on. The great thing about this is it's really not window shopping. I find that if there is a shirt, a pair of pants whatever it is, if it fits amazing or if it's something that I just gotta have I already tried it on and I know how great it looks. I didn't find anything amazing this particular time but I have found some great outfits this way.

Jamie's half of the evening didn't go the way he wanted. I felt kinda bad. I stress the kinda. Jamie wanted to go go-carting. I am not a huge fan. We pulled up to the place and they were all full for the evening...darn. So instead he chose a movie that he wanted to see. We went to see Jumper. Good flick! I wasn't really sure what to expect with the movie but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

All in all it was a great evening out with my hubby. In a really weird way we were able to celebrate our differences...even though I think the longer we are married the less different we are.


3 people showing their love:

Mindy said...

I think that's true. The longer you're married the more accomodating you begin to be. Instead of going on "I like this" and "you like this" dates, it's more of compromise and no one really minds. Difference dates are a good idea to try the "old" things you used to love doing but no longer really do because your husband can't stand doing that. I loved dancing before we got married. I miss it, but not as bad because I know how much it's like pulling teeth for him. ha!

breckster said...

I finally told Justin that going to a movie was not a date. So now he tries to get concert tickets, or find cute restaurants to take me to. He doesn't miss going to movies because he has to for school, and I enjoy actually getting to talk to him during our dates.

Emily said...

What a fun night! We agree that the longer we are married, the similiar our ideas of fun are. That is cool that Jamie is taking that class.