Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We are back online....

I think that this is the longest I have ever been without blogging. Whew! We have been busy the last several weeks! This post will be a long one, I can guarantee that, but hopefully you will get a feel for what we have been experiencing.

My last post left off back in Utah. We got to spend quite a few days with our friends Richard and Jenell. Tyler and Aubrey play so well together it was a nice treat not to have to entertain Tyler all the time. (Thanks Aubrey).




I love this picture. If you can't tell what we are laughing at look at the next picture.
Yup, that would be Tyler waving his bum at the camera. That is what he was doing to us as we were trying to take a picture. - Who's kid is that?

He makes me laugh.

Sunday, the 27th of April we went and stayed with my grandparents until we flew out. My grandma planned out a great day for Tyler's sake. The new train that goes from Salt Lake to Ogden was having a opening weekend. You could ride for free Saturday to Wednesday. So on Monday we rode the train with my grandparents. Tyler was on cloud nine the entire trip.

As you can picture, a free anything in Mormonville. There were tons of people out for a free ride on the train. I got the pleasure of sitting next to a homeless guy that smelled utterly awful! I kept my eyes peeled at every stop to see if any new seats came open. Eventually we were able to move from our toothless friend. Just a side note, the first thing that Tyler said to the homeless guy was "hey, you don't have any teeth." I think that the guy was missing a few screws so it kinda surprised me when he quickly replied, "you have big ears and a small nose." He was a nice guy don't get me wrong, he just needed a bath back in December.



We started laughing when we realized that Carter had just spit up. I don't remember why it was so funny now but as you can tell I sure did then!



This is our airplane that we took to San Antonio. At the butt-crack of dawn. We flew out of SLC at 7:15 in the morning.
We got to SA at 1 in the afternoon. We took a taxi to our hotel and then had our 4-runner delivered to us at the hotel. Later on that afternoon an agent took us around looking at places to rent. We didn't want to be in a hotel longer than we needed to be. We stayed in a hotel for 4 nights, which felt like 4 weeks. The hotel was nice and all but we sure did want to be in our own place and use our own things. We decided to rent a house. I am so glad that we decided to rent a house rather than an apartment. No neighbors above, below or on either side. Awe. It's nice. We have a 1 car garage. I am so spoiled, but I don't care, I am just glad to be settled. We still have boxes hanging around but they are slowly being unloaded and put into their place.

Before I forget, I just wanted to say how much we LOVE it here. The weather has been so nice! Although anything over 40 would have been nice compared to Rexburg. Our first Sunday (4th) in our new ward was surprisingly, but absolutely wonderful. Even before sacrament started we were approached by at least a half a dozen people. We were invited over to 3 different families homes for dinner. We felt bad telling the other 2 that we had already been invited to another place. We have never been welcomed so warmly into a ward. We are so used to having to introduce ourselves even after being in a ward for 3 months. The first week here I was invited to play group, and to meet at the park. Then Friday night I recieved a call for an invite to girls night. The ladies in the ward were looking for Mother's day dresses and wanted to know if I wanted to go. I am just so grateful that these ladies have taken the time to make me feel so welcome.

Since my last post Carter turned 7 months (pictures to come soon). Carter also is sitting up, eating cheerios, trying to crawl, pulling himself up on to things and as you can tell by the pictures has popped out some teeth. He is getting the top two now as well. He has changed so much since getting the first bottom two teeth.
I got a new washer and dryer. I know this isn't something that you jump up and down about but we got a sweet deal on these babies. These are the top of the line. They are fridgadare front loaders. They normally go for over a thousand each but we stumbled on a clearance center here. We got both with the pedastools for $1,100! I was so excited and think I still am cause I love doing the laundry.


Also on my list of things that I have done. I got into a fender bender....with our house. Umm, ya you read that right. I rammed into our house. This is the damage that I caused.

Good thing we'll be buying me a new car soon. Maybe.


For Mother's Day I got the Twilight series and Stephenie Meyer's new book "THE HOST" I am about 1/3 of the way through and LOVE IT! Thank you Stephenie for writing yet another great book.

I promise that my posts from here on out will not be so long. I hope to hear from many of you!

4 people showing their love:

Anonymous said...

Holy long post! Loved the update finally and all the pictures! You need to post pics of the house...need to see that!
Carts is getting so BIG! I can't believe that he has teeth already! Crazy!! You and Tyler should be getting a package in the mail...keep your eyes upen.

amanda said...

glad to see your back on line. that stinks you ran into the house. weird-o! those pictures of you guys are too funny. what a cute boy he is.

Mindy said...

I was wondering if you ever made it to Texas! Good to hear that everything is working out well minus the car incident.

Rolyndia said...

So glad you made it to Texas. I LOVE that place. I am also glad you have been so welcomed in your new Ward. The people their are truly friendly and loving. I know you will really love being there.