
We had a sad day here at the Hillman house. Tyler was "cut" from the swimming team. I know, I was shocked too! The coach said that because Tyler wouldn't swim with his face in the water he could not swim in the meets which means that there was really no point to him being on the team. So sad. I think that I took it harder than Tyler did.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Sad News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 people showing their love:
Too bad...but I'm with Tyler, I hate putting my head down in the water...if my face goes down inevitably water will go up my nose.
Such a cute little sad lip though :o)
Now he has a whole year to get comfortable with it and then you can join us again next year. He'll be a lot more ready for it.
You'll have to come to a meet or two (or all) so he can watch it all.
Dumb rule. Really, I thought it was just for fun. Hopefully this doesn't scar him and he'll love the water anyway (and be ready to stick his head in the water later).
Sorry Tyler!! We no you can do it next year. Good Luck. Natasha, Reese, and Elijah.
Man, they must take things pretty seriously down there! I think it's always hardest on the mom to see their kids sad!
That is so crazy! This must be a pretty intense team if they are so picky so young. But, at least he can still have fun in the water!
Crazy Texans...well at least it will be nice and warm this summer so you guys can get a lot of swimming in to practice!!
Poor little guy. They are that strict at this age. I would have told the coach to shove it!!
sorry to hear that. its always hard when things don't work out for your kids. oh, love the cookies, they look sooo good.
Hey- have thought of swim lessons for him? It might help him get ready. I hope you all are good. How do you guys like it there?
Post a Comment