Thursday, May 22, 2008

Swim Team

We signed Tyler up for swim team. Swim team is huge here! In Tyler's CTR 5 class there are 9 boys, no girls. All 9 boys are on swim team. Jamie and I were peer pressured into joining the swim team. This is Tyler his first day of practice (Monday). He was so excited. When we got to the pool he wasn't able to swim because they had shocked the pool that morning. The first day of practice was not that exciting for Tyler but Tuesday was a normal practice. To my surprise Tyler jumped right in and started swimming with a kick board with no problem. On Wednesday they were swimming the pool without a kick board. Keep in mind that Tyler has never ever had swimming lessons before. I don't know what we were thinking but the other parents in the ward assured us that he would learn fast. And he really has.

Today I thought that I was going to have a heart attack of some kind. The teachers decided to have the kids swim the deep end. My hear sunk into my chest! I was thinking to myself " my baby is going to swim the deep end!?" I was so nervous. The kids had their kick boards so I really don't know what I was all excited about. They called the kids one at a time. Tyler sat patiently waiting for his turn.
Then the coach called Tyler's name and she was like, "Come on Tyler get in!" He just sat and shook his head. Then all of a sudden he just jumped right in! He hung on to that kick board and started swimming!

And kept on...
Then he touched the wall and I realized that I was crying! I was so proud of him! My Tyler, he is getting so big it just is crazy!
Yay, Tyler!

4 people showing their love:

Holly said...

Way to go Tyler! Awesome!! Good Luck to him and you Morgan! :) It will be a great experience I'm sure!

The Jones :) said...

Yay for Tyler!! Morgan...you're too funny!! I'd probably do the same thing though...sounds like you're enjoying your new "home" :) Thanks for the comments on my blog...I'm finally feeling better...knock on wood...but I think the worst is over!! Miss you and hope to keep in touch!!
-Becki :)

Angie and J.D. said...

How awesome is swim team? That sounds like a lot of fun. How are you liking it there?

Shaela said...

yay, Tyler!! Isn't it so sad and exciting at the same time that they grow up?? Pretty soon he'll be in school... like, next year, right??!! :0)