My friend Daleen and I got together early January and started putting a "scavenger hunt" together for our hubbies. We had so much fun thinking of all the funny things we could make them do but I think we kept it quite conservative. This is a picture of the items that were in each of their envelopes and the supplies they could use to complete 2 of the tasks.
This is the list that we put together. You might need to click on it to enlarge the picture so you can read it.
This is what Brian and Jamie saw when they walked in.
Both Jamie and Brian were quite perplexed as to what to expect. When Brian got to our house I asked him if he was excited and he answered," I just hope that I wasn't suppose to buy Daleen anything, cause if I come home empty handed I don't know what will happen then." Then they started reading the list.
And even more confusion occurred.
While Jamie and Brian were completing their tasks Daleen and I were making dinner. We had steak, baked potatoes, broccoli, and a spinach summer salad. Everything was delish! This is what the table looked like before the boys got back to the house.
Brian and Jamie were suppose to find a centerpiece for our table and this is what they brought back. I must have forgotten to take a picture of when we put a battery powered candle in the center of the flowers. But we turned the lights off to eat with the one battery powered candle and it wasn't producing enough light.
So Daleen got out a bunch of random candles and we ate with all of them burning.
Awww. Daleen and Brian
There's me and Jamie
These were the items that Jamie got. Minus the bottle and nasty paper towel that you see. The red shirt and red shorts were his cupid outfit, but they never were put on. The flower, the red paper heart, the box of chocolates, and the poem with sweet-tarts. The only thing that they didn't find/do was to find two items that were in the shape of a heart.
This is what I made for dessert. It is a New York style cheese cake with mini chocolate chips inside. I love making cheese cakes, but this was my first one in close to 3 years!
And this was just a random item Jamie found at the DI. He knows that Minnesota is one of my favorite places in the world. So this is for all you Minnesotans out there!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Our Valentine's Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 people showing their love:
You're such a sweet wife! That's fun you were able to get together with another couple to do it too, that always makes scavenger hunts more fun. I love the pictures, that dinner sounds good.
You are so creative! I love how you took pictures to document everything. I totally would have done that too. I hope you had so much fun.
how creative, that is a really cool idea. Eric would probably but confused too at doing it, but would like that. looks like you had a great night.
What a fun idea. SOO creative! I bet the boys had a blast!
Morgan, I vote you Mrs. Creative of the year.
Looks like you had a ton of fun. Want to share your cheesecake recipe? :) Mindy
How cute...you guys are awfully creative!! Where were the kids?!?!?! :) Looks like you had a great night...and I'm sure the hubbies will remember it!!I LOVE the Minnesota bear...too cute of him!!!
-Becki :)
You are way too cute!! That looks like a lot of fun!
I haven't been blogging in so long! you are so creative, looks like y'all had a fun valentines. halle has a fav grape drink like tylers that gives her a purple mustache all day. also, i am sooo excited about the twilight book and movie! i wish we lived near each other. miss you!
Post a Comment