Tyler is such a trooper! Today Tyler got his tonsils out and did outstanding! He was so brave and tuff! What a kid! I was a dork and took a ton of pictures of our day. And what a day it was! We got to the hospital at 6:30 and didn't leave until 3:00 this afternoon. The medicine that they gave Tyler just knocked him right out!
Here is Tyler in his cute little gown! It was blue and Tyler was extremely excited to have "blue" on!
I thought it was really weird how Tyler was excited about today. But as soon as he got his gown on he didn't want to get in the bed. That was fun....
The hospital let him have a bear. This bear was with him the whole day today. Everything Tyler had done (IV etc.) the bear had done as well.
We finally got him in bed. Tyler wanted one of us to be on the bed with him and this just happened to be when it was my turn.
This is right after Tyler got his IV in. He did amazing! They had us put this numbing ointment on both of his hands right before we left for the hospital and so the little guy didn't feel a thing! He did so much better than me! I am such a baby when it comes to getting IV's!
This is Tyler right after they brought him back to the room after surgery. The first and only thing he said was, "I was tuff mom!" and then he went right back to sleep.
Jamie had to run to a class at 10am and while he was gone Carter went down for a nap and I laid him on the foot of Tyler's bed. So cute.
This was Tyler when he started to react to some of the medicine they gave him. I guess it's normal for kids to get all flushed in the face with one of the medications they give them.
Another sleeping shot.
Tyler finally woke up and we were trying to get him to eat and drink so they would let us go. This is Jamie feeding Tyler the last bit of the Popsicle that fell in the cup.
The face that Tyler has in this picture expresses exactly how he feels. Jamie and I thought that this was so funny but every time Tyler would get done eating or drinking something he would ask where his hat was...it's the surgical cap. He even wore it to Brouglim's.
When the doctor signed off and released us the nurse let Tyler choose if he wanted to ride in a wheelchair or a wagon...what would any kid choose?
I was so impressed on how Tyler did today. He is really drugged up at the moment and really entertaining. I just hope that he feels this good tomorrow.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Our Little Trooper
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 people showing their love:
Oh poor bubby...looks like he did a really good job though! The picture of him and Carter is so funny. His face is priceless. And only Tyler would want to wear the surgical cap out. So funny!
Get Feeling Better Tyler!
Looks and sounds like he did a good job!! Hope he continues doing well for you at home!! I have to agree with Quinci...I love his expression in that picture!! Too cute...and Morgan...you look AMAZING!! Wish I could look like you...especially after just having a baby!! Guess I should start going to the gym too...then I can look like that huh!!
-Becki :)
Oh, poor thing. I hope everything went well. Both your boys are too cute!!!
What a stud to be such a trooper. That's got to be so scary for a four year old.
Kami
Poor little guy! I hope he recovers quickly! What a trooper indeed!
What a tuff guy! I'm glad you had your camera with you! I like how getting the blue gown was so exciting to him, kids are great!
good job tyler. stay tuff. those are some cute pictures of him.
Poor guy. Looks like he really is tough though. I had no idea he was getting his tonsils out...I hope his recovery is quick. Good luck!
Poor guy!! Hopefully he recovers fast!
I'm glad that everything went ok. Experiences like this are no fun...especially when your kid is so little.
Oh, what a cute (but tough!) boy! He is such a trooper. Doesn't sound like a very fun thing to be going through, but he looks like he finds a way to have fun, anyway! And Morgan - you look just as beautiful as ever!
Oh man what a day, Im so glad he is feeling ok. But to be honest when I looked at the pictures my first reaction was wow! Morgan you look great!! I guess I havent seen you in a few months but dang girl you lokk fab!! Keep up the good work you are an inspiration to me!
I hope he is bouncing back quickly. What a cute little guy in that hospital gown.
Post a Comment