Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Young Women


For those of you who don't know, I am in the young women's as laurel adviser. I love it. I get to teach the lessons and go to activity with them every week. I have always been so shocked to see how prepared these young women are. I don't feel that I was as prepared as they are, that 's for sure. Every single one of them has their head on straight, and has such an amazing testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The reason that I have decided to share my thoughts on these amazing young women is because tonight for mutual we all through in a couple bucks and bought 3 gifts for 3 young women here in Rexburg who are in need. We of course have no idea who these girls are...that's what makes this kind of thing so great. We had opening excerises, and then pilled all the money together and added up how much we had. We had $110.00 and only about 3/4 of the young women were there. We split that into 3 and decided on going to K-mart to shop for the 3 young women in need. We were all getting our coats on and right before we walked out of the room one of the laurels (who I think is the most outstanding of them all) suggested that we have a word of prayer. She offered the prayer and prayed that Heavenly Father would guide us to the items that these 3 young women were in need of or that they particularly wanted. I can't even begin to tell you how strong the spirit was in that room. It was amazing! I think of how I was when I was in Young Women's and I don't think I would have been as humbled as these girls were to do such a special thing for someone that they will probably never meet. We purchased the gifts and went back to the church to wrap the presents. The girls were singing hymns as they wrapped. It was such a great evening I had to share it with all of you.

2 people showing their love:

Angie and J.D. said...

Oh, I totally agree with you! They are so sweet, spunky and so spiritual all at the same time. They're the greatest!

The Jones :) said...

Morgan...that gave me chills!! Thanks for sharing...glad to know there are still good, strong youth out there!! And who better to be a leader then you :) You're so great!!
-Becki :)