![]()
That's pretty much all I have in my poor vocabulary to express my great experience yesterday. Jamie and I had a great opportunity to usher inside the Rexburg, Idaho Temple. We had some great friends watch our 2 boys. It was a long block of time for them to watch our kids but they are troopers! We dropped of Tyler and Carter around 7 and got to the stake center by the temple around 7:15. These first few days (26, 27, 28th) are for the VIPs. Sounds important I know. When we showed up we thought that we were going to be late cause at this meeting they had they asked us to be at least 40 minutes early. There were only 3 other cars in the parking lot. I guess that someone neglected to tell us that nothing started until 9. But the ushers were suppose to be at the church around 8. Oh and to top it off the couple that is suppose to open the doors slept through their alarm! AND...there was a missionary couple that was told to be at the church at 6am. They had to drive from IF so they were probably up dang early. So somewhere along the line of communication someone dropped the ball. But it's all good. The couple that had the keys showed up about 7:45 or so and opened the doors. We went into the chapel and the rows were marked by level of the temple. We sat in the row labeled "2nd Floor". About 8am people were really starting to file in. One of the brothers that was in charge got up and said that we are going to have a special guest come and address us for the prayer meeting before the tours start. Elder Bednar. Anyone who was at Ricks or BYU-I when he was president has a ton of respect for that man. I was thrilled to hear from him. We were in the 3rd row so we were right up close to where he would be. We sang and then said a prayer. Elder Bednar got up and shared an experience then a scriptural thought, he then invited his wife to share her testimony and then he would share his. Not to shadow his wifes testimony but, I have never heard an apostle share his testimony in such a way as he did. The spirit was incredibly strong. It was amazing.
After Elder Bednar shared his testimony he was excused and we were all taken to our "spots" in the temple. Jamie and I were placed at the entrance of the Celestial Room. We smiled and greeted all those that came threw. I don't know what you think a VIP special open house means but Elder Bednar and other authority of the church weren't going threw in the tours...they were conducting the tours! Can you imagine? Elder Bednar was conducting a tour and it was so great to see him in a teaching moment, there was this gentlemen that had questions of the ordinance rooms and Elder Bednar got to explain the purpose and why they are. It was so great to be a part of such an amazing thing! How blessed Jamie and I are for being able to be of service in our soon to be temple!
Friday, December 28, 2007
Wow
Posted by Morgan at 12:25 PM
Labels: Jamie, Morgan, The Gospel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 people showing their love:
That is awesome. I am so excited to be an usher next week. Did you see my parents? They went through yesterday morning.
You are so lucky!! What a privledge! I can't wait to go through next week!! I wish I would have gotten a VIP tour. :)
WOW. That is awesome. I am coming next week and can't wait. Thanks for sharing!
I did see your parents! I gave your mom a great big hug when I saw her!
It was so good to come around the corner and see you both right there outside the Celestial Room. Don't you think this is what Heaven will be like, rounding a corner and seeing someone we love?
Yeah! I love my mom's comments! Yes, that is what heaven will be like!
Morgan, you are so lucky. Chad will be in the parking lot and I will be ushering some time in January. What an amazing experience you had! Thanks for being so inspiring. :)
Amen to that! Heaven...won't that be nice?
Morgan that is awesome!! I remember being at the St. Paul temple open house...what an experience...not nearly as cool as your's though!! Thanks for sharing!!
-Becki :)
That is so neat that you were able to be apart of the open house fun! The temple is so pretty!!! That is the first picture I have seen of the Rexburg temple. Amazing.
Hi Morgan! That sounds awesome. I'd never seen photos of the Rexburg temple before. Glad you guys are doing well. Traci says hi!
Scott
What a wonderful experience you have had working at the Temple. Something you and your family will cherish forever. Thanks for sharing it will us.
Wow is right! That is such an awesome privilege...not one that very many people have in their lifetime! I am SO sad I don't get to be in Rexburg during this sacred time...enjoy it for me, too, will ya?
Did you change your blog so you can't read it unless your name is on a list? I tried to get on earlier today and it wouldn't let me.
Post a Comment