Saturday, September 20, 2008

Men Only


I am really jealous of Jamie today. He was asked to go with a group of men to Houston to help rip out carpet, cut down trees and anything else that is needed to be done. Okay so maybe I am really not that jealous but what a great opportunity for Jamie! One of my favorite things to do is to serve with just my time. It's the greatest feeling to do that kind of service for others. He took a bag full of tools and a chain saw. He was excited as any man would be to use the chain saw. He was picked up at 4 this morning and he called me when they arrived and said that they had to take boats to the building that they were going to be working on. Pretty crazy. I wonder how many snakes he saw? Ew, that's the reason why I am here and he is there.

5 people showing their love:

Valerie: said...

haha your so funny by saying i look great cause i dont feel like i do cause i have already gained 50 lbs ahhhh I am a big fat cow and i have a month and a half left!! But that is sweet saying that. Your not the first one and amanda is always like you dont even really look pregnant and i am thinking man did i look this fat before heheh I think people just have to say pregnant girls look cute regardless what they look like!! I am mad at myself though for letting myself get this way but it just makes me more excited to work out when i can and loose it all!! I will post a pic of me when i am hardly showing and a pic of me now and you will see i dont look so good!! Hope your doing good. How do you like living in texas? How come you moved there?

Laura said...

That was a really poignant and beautiful post, Morgan. Your husband is lucky. I agree. Lets brainstorm to see what we can do in San Antonio. If not for Hurrican Ike then maybe just to help out... Something that would be good for the kiddos too.... Maybe we can all volunteer for Blue Santa this year. Or on Thanksgiving. What do you think?

Buxton Family said...

What a great opportunity for Jamie. Your family will be blessed for his service and your sacrifice of Dad for the day. I love Tyler's ball story. You will have to post when it finally comes out!

emilie s. d. p. said...

What a neat thing to do! I'm glad that you're able to help out...hopefully people will be back in their own homes soon!

Shaela said...

wow. those pictures are crazy!! good for Jamie for going, and good for you for supporting him!