Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pudd'n Head Hillman

The lesson today in YW was about service in communities. It was a really short lesson so I tried to fill it up with object lessons to make it a little bit more exciting for the girls. One of the object lessons that I did was holding up 2 spoons. One is very large and the other is really small. I asked the girls which one they would want me to use while scooping ice cream or some other yummy treat. They of course all said the the big one. After that I explained that when we serve others we are offering service to Christ. I then held up the spoons and asked how we should serve Christ, a little or a lot. I had made some chocolate pudding and brought it for a treat after I finished the lesson. I found this cute little saying to go with the pudding. It said, "Pudding your shoulder to the wheel...as we accept and do our part, the Lord blesses us with wisdom beyond our natural selves." - Elder Franklin D. Richards. I love teaching the YW. They continually amaze me with their vast knowledge of the gospel.

When we got home from church there was a little bit of pudding left in the bowl, and Tyler started helping himself to the bowl while Jamie and I were changing. At least he shared with Carter. They look so cute with that pudding all over their faces!

7 people showing their love:

Julie said...

Your lesson sounds very cute. And now I'm craving pudding!!!

Anonymous said...

You're so creative:)

Keirsten said...

I bet your an amazing YW teacher. That sounds like a cute idea. I might use it for activity day girls.

Mama Scribbler said...

What group in YW do you teach? I'm the beehive adviser in our ward and I totally love it, too. Your kids are so cute. :-)

emilie s. d. p. said...

Such a cute idea! I would have loved you as a YW teacher!...I bet your kids love it too...especially when you bring home yummy treats.
Love the picture.

Anonymous said...

Nice going on the lesson... and on teaching Tyler how to share. They both look so dang cute!

Buxton Family said...

What a cute picture of the boys. Sounds like a great lesson. I wanted so much to have a really great Texas rainstorm before we left and it never came. I've heard after we left it has done nothing but poor. Someone please call me next time it storms hard so I can hear it!