We had a full day today. We started off by putting in an offer on a house that we have loved since we moved here. It's probably more house than we need but it gives us room to develop our sign business and also add a few more munchkins to our family. It's 4 bedrooms 2 1/2 bath. And it's almost 2700 sqft. The house just recently went into foreclosure, so that is really good for us. We put in a really, really low offer. We wanted to start out extremely low and see what their bottom line is. It kind of back fired. The offer that we put in was so low I think that we offended them. They just said 'no' with no counter offer. It's all good though. Our agent is going to find out from their agent how much they owe on their loan and then we'll work from there.
It took us almost 3 hours to get all the paper work done for the offer and we were soo hungry for lunch by the time we left the agents office. We were planning on going on a day date this Saturday and then we added putting in an offer to our day date. Thanks to my friend Elena, she watched our kids so we could go and make an offer on the house without our kids. We went to my all time favorite place for lunch, Panera Bread. I hadn't had it since we went back to KC last summer for Caleb's blessing. It was dang good. Hit the spot! We had planned on going to see The Dark Night but because the process to put an offer in took so long we were not able to see the movie.
After we went and picked Carter up from Elena's (Tyler stayed to go swimming) we came home and watched some Olympics. I am amazed at what these athletes are able to do. We first watched the 25 mile biking, and wow, 7 hours of biking I just have one question, what if they have to go to the bathroom? Do they wear diapers or what? I don't think I could go 7 hours with out a bathroom. I have always been curious about that.
At 5 I met up with some ladies from my ward to go out to dinner. We went to Mama's Cafe. It was really good food. But actually what was even better was laughing at each-others comments until we cried! Good times ladies!
Jamie was really disappointed that we didn't get to see Batman. Elena and family came over after we ate and stayed with our kids so we could see the movie. Can I tell you how awesome The Dark Night was? It was A-MA-Zing! It was even better than we thought it was going to be. I was even scared at a few parts. This was by far the best movie I have seen in at least a year! One thing I will say is that if your son or kids want to see this movie I would say, not for kids. The movie is really dark and scary. I know Tyler wants to see it but he won't be. It's to adult.
All in all we had a great day. It's always nice to spend some one on one time with Jamie and also good to spend some time with some great friends.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Crazy Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 people showing their love:
Too bad your offer was way off. A good thing to do is find out the fair market value on the home you want and the homes in the area (there's tools online to help with this too). Your agent probably knows what to do. I'm surprised he didn't do more homework for you before you made the offer.
Good to see you're having a great time!
I hope you get your house...that's so exciting. I love/miss Panera bread! When we go back to KC in December, we're so going there. I also loved the Dark Knight and agree...not for the kiddos!
What a great day! You'll have to keep us updated on the whole house business, it sounds stressful but it's nice you have an agent to help you out.
I absolutely love Panera Bread! I'm so sad they don't have them here.
And I LOVE your idea of coming down to San Antonio for law school. I've only been there once but I thought it was awesome. We'll just have to see, he doesn't start applying until Dec/Jan. but it's so fun to start this new adventure together.
How hot does it get down there anyway?
an answer to your biking/peeing question: they pull over and pee on the side of the road. :0) Seriously, they do - you see it sometimes on the Tour de France. Just like any other strategy in bike racing, you have to time it right, or you'll lose too much time.
good luck with the house!
Post a Comment