Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our Day

This last week we took our car in to get the water pump changed and we picked it up with more problems then we dropped it off with. On the way home from the car place the accord just died. It was awesome. The windows wouldn't go down and it was bloody hot. I had to open the passenger side doors to get "cooler" air in. Jamie left from work to come figure out what was going on. He took a look under the hood. The car guy forgot to hook up the alternator. Now me, I don't know a thing about cars but that sounds pretty important to me. So on the way home the car was draining the battery. When Jamie came he hooked the alternator back up and re-charged the battery. We made it home but the car still wasn't running right. Jamie found that the camshaft something was not aligned right and something else that is important wasn't aligned. The car isn't shifting gears when we accelerate. So that is really awesome. We dropped the Accord off because the water pump was leaking, and we get all these other problems when we pick it up. This experience has made me never want to take our car anywhere to get it fixed!

So needless to say Jamie spent the majority of today working on all the problems on the car. They are still not all solved so until then I don't get to drive anywhere! Ugh.


While Jamie was working on the car I pulled the pool out for the kids to play in. They had a really good time.







Yup you're seeing that picture correct. That is packaging tape on Carter's diaper. When I changed his diaper this afternoon I pulled the thing off that holds the side on. I didn't want to throw the diaper away. The inside was still good for holding. So this was the solution I came up with.


See he doesn't know the difference!


Tyler decided to build a train track. He wanted Carter right next to him. They were giggling as they played.


This is what Jamie's shirt looked like when he came in right before dinner. Can you see all the white? That would be salt from all his sweat! Crazy.

We really did have a good Saturday despite all the crap with the car. There was a point today that we wanted to just scrap the Accord and buy a new car, but the goal is to get into a house before we buy new cars. Just a month more and we should be ready to shop around for our home.

I hope that everyone had a great Saturday!

6 people showing their love:

BriANDaleen said...

Seriously, you should have taken your car back, told them they're idiots and made them fix their mistakes for free! That stinks!

breckster said...

Was it Jiffy Lube? They tried to kill me once by being stupid.

emilie s. d. p. said...

That is just awful! I hate taking my car in because I feel like I'm so easily taken advantage of but this sounds like the guy who worked on it was just an idiot! So sorry, hope it keeps working and that you are able to start home shopping soon---SO EXCITING!

That swimming pool looks awesome too, I wish I would have had one of those when I was little! And good for you with that diaper, I'm seriously impressed...Way to go for not being wasteful! My dad would be so proud :o)

The Jones :) said...

How scary...and I'm sure you had the boys with you too huh!?!? Nice that a "mechanic" can leave you with all those problems...so much for trusting the people who are supposed to "fix your car" huh!!
My official due date is Nov. 29th...so still awhile to go...and this summer is STINKIN' HOT already...YUCK!!
-Becki :)

Samye said...

When it rains it pours...that is such a bummer about your car!! And, I love how you put Carter's diaper on...love it!

Mindy said...

Pays to know the good car and tire people in town--downside of just moving. So rude what happened to you!