Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A little update

We have been busy this last week.Here's an update with what we have been up to since we left Rexburg.

Last Monday we had the moving company come pack and load all of our junk. It was so nice not to have to do anything with this move. We have moved so many times that it was a nice change to our normal moving routine. The movers were incredibly fast. What normally takes us about a week they accomplished in 1 day. There were 3 guys that came. Amazing how they worked. They finished up with the packing about 6 and we headed down to SLC to stay with my cousin Ben and his wife Carly. On the way down I started to feel sick and it kept getting worse as the drive went on. We got to NSL and in the night the stomach flu made itself apparent. Tuesday morning Jamie got the same thing. It's always nice to be sick at the same time...jk. It was awful. Our poor kids got neglected until Carly came home from work. By Tuesday evening we were feeling much better.


Wednesday we decided to spend the day in SLC. We wanted to take Tyler to all the sights at temple square. We started first by going to the Conference Center. Always nice. Tyler was really excited when we walked in because he remembered it from when we watched conference on TV. After the conference center we went to the Lion House for lunch...yummo. That was some good eat'in. After lunch we went to see the movie on Joseph Smith. Jamie and I had both seen the video before but it is so good that you can watch it more than once and still gain an appreciation for that great man. By the end of the movie Tyler was getting restless so we headed back to Ben and Carly's place for the evening.

On Thursday we went to my grandma and grandpa's house for breakfast for some delicious sweedish pancakes. I love my grandma's sweedish pancakes. On the way there Tyler kept calling them sweetest pancakes. Which in my opinion describes them to a "T". We spent the day with my grandma and grandpa. I love being in their company. We went out to a late lunch/early dinner with them to Cafe Rio (My favorite).

On Friday we searched high and low for a swim suit for me. It was a lot harder than I thought to find a good swim suit. I wanted to find a tan-kini that was cute but that covered my baby additions. We finally found one at Kohl's. Carly came home Friday evening after work and we left our kids with her and Ben. Jamie and I headed to Park City and checked into our room (Thanks Daleen and Brian). We went to a great place for dinner. It is called Davanza's. We initially wanted some good pizza but when we walked in our minds were changed for the better. I got a great hamburger and Jamie got a Philly cheese steak sub. Jamie and I had a great weekend together without our kids!

Saturday we took our time getting up. We wanted to walk around the shops in Old town Park City. What fun. I forget how much fun it is to walk into all the little stores. With our kids it's a little impossible with a stroller and a 4 year old that wants to touch everything.

When we were at my grandparents house they gave us a coupon for a place in Old Town Park City that is called the Red Banjo. Dang good pizza. If you are ever in Park City and have a craving for pizza....the Red Banjo is where it is at.

The one thing that Jamie and I, well maybe me more than Jamie, wanted to do together was get a massage of some kind. We walked down to the spa that they have here in the resort and got a services brochure. We quickly changed our mind when we saw the prices. For a couples retreat it was $550 for 80 minutes.

I know this is probably bad but we didn't really think about our kids much until Sunday morning. We made our way back to SLC Sunday afternoon to get Tyler and Carter.

Monday we went to the outlet mall here in Park City. We didn't last long with the two boys but we did find some good deals for Jamie.

Tuesday we met up with our friends Richard and Jenell. They are currently living in St. Augustine, FL for Richard to go to Physical Therapy school. Richards parents flew them and their 2 kids to West Jordan for the few weeks that Richard has in between semesters. We played different Wii games. I know that sounds so boring but it was so much fun. We played guitar hero with 2 guitars. SO MUCH FUN! Then we switched to this game with weird rabbits. I think it was called rain-man. I could be wrong on the name of the game but it was a blast. We are here in Park City until Friday morning.

On to more fun!

9 people showing their love:

emilie s. d. p. said...

So fun! I'm glad you got to have such a great weekend and actually go into all the stores you wanted :o)
Too bad about the spa package, but $550 for 80 minutes, what a rip off!

Leavitt Family said...

It sounds like you guys are having a blast! We are so happy for you guys.

Samye said...

Sounds like you guys did have a lot of fun... a nice vacation before you get back into "real life"?

Lacey said...

Sounds like fun minus the sickness. We had movers too, wasn't the best. I'm so scared to move again because it was the best kind of move with movers. You don't have to do anything. Loved it!!! Oh and by the way, love the look of your blog. So cute!!!

Lacey said...

Oh, and I meant to post a comment about the photo shoot with your youngest. I loved the one of him in the basket. Very cute!!

Jen said...

It sounds like you guys are having a great time. Have a safe trip out. I am sad I didn't get to say "goodbye."

Mindy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Hope the move goes smoothly. Can't wait for pics of your new place.

BriANDaleen said...

I'm glad you guys had/are having fun. I've been wanting to call you and see how it was and if you liked the resort!

Rolyndia said...

Sounds like a lot of fun along the way. Glad to hear you flu did not last long and you were able to enjoy your time in Utah.