Wednesday, April 9, 2008

General Conference

I love this picture of the Conference Center. It looks so majestic to me. I have been meaning to post my thoughts and feelings about conference for a few days now but I have not had time until now. I absolutely loved Elder David A. Bednar's talk that he gave Sunday afternoon. I love that when you watch conference it doesn't matter what you are searching for you can find it in just about any talk. The talk that Elder Bednar gave really hit home for me. Prayer. It's such a powerful thing and I find myself under estimating the power and privilege it is to be able to pray to my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that at anytime, anywhere I can pray to Him and get answers and guidance wherever I am.
What a blessing it was to be able to be a part of the Solemn Assembly Saturday morning. AMAZING! I remember vagly (sp?) what it was like when we did the assembly for President Gordon B. Hinckley. Such a strong spirit filled my home. I was in tears. Tyler kept asking when it was his turn to stand. I can't wait until that little guys gets the priesthood. I think he is going to be an amazing young man. But my opinion is bias. I love this gospel. I love President Monson. I am so grateful to be living on earth at this time.

4 people showing their love:

amanda said...

that was a really good conference, but really is there a bad one! are you guys getting ready to leave. oh how crazy! how is the gym going?

Angie and J.D. said...

Dito to that! I thought it was really a special conference. When you guys head to Texas? Do you have a place there yet?

MikeG Family said...

I agree - Conference was awesome! They always say just what it is that I need to hear, and it's such a great pick-me-up. I really loved Elder Ballard's talk about Mothers. It was so inspiring and uplifting. I always walk away from Conference so spiritually rejuvinated!

Shannon Leigh Anderson said...

I am a born again Christian who loves the Lord and passionately follows his commands. I have read much of the Book of Mormon and much of the doctrine that the LDS church has put forth. I have prayed for truth and continually feel as though Jesus Christ and the coming of the Holy Spirit was enough.

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you" John 14:16-17

The modern day followers of Christ do not need a prophet. When Jesus left the earth he left his Holy Spirit and his word for us to live by. I encourage you to research this yourself and would love to discuss this further!