For the last few years Jamie has wanted to surprise me for our anniversary but has never been able to keep it from me, until this year. He told me that I needed to find someone to watch our 2 monkey's for two nights and that is all he told me I needed to do. I dropped the kids off around 4 on friday evening and Jamie said he wasn't going to be home from work until 6. So I had 2 hours to myself to get ready before Jamie came and took me somewhere. He showed up right at 6 and took me to the Saltgrass for dinner. This is us right outside the restaurant.
I have been dying to see Wolverine the last few weeks, so after dinner Jamie took me to see it. This is us in the movie theater before the movie started.
We paid a little extra to go into an upgraded theater. These seats were huge! I could sit indian style and there was still room on either side of me. The seats were incredibly comfy too! I had to get a picture of the seats. Jamie thinks I am crazy for documenting our weekend but oh-well I did it anyway.
On Saturday morning we slept in and after I got out of the shower I asked Jamie what we were doing so I could dress appropriatly and he said we were off to Six Flags! Whahoo! I love that place! So we grabbed a quick breakfast and off to Six Flags we went. The weather was so hot when we got to the park. We had mega lines to wait in just to get into the park. We were in line for the first rollercoaster and were next in line for the ride and it started to rain. So they had to close the park down because of the rain and lightning. So we waited, and we waited until we heard one of the workers say that nothing could go back up and running until there has been no lightning for 1 hour. So we left.
This is us when we got to the car. I wanted to capture our disappointment but I think we just look goofy. But it's all good.
We ran home and changed and then Jamie took me to Panara Bread for lunch (my fav). After lunch it was still raining so we went and saw Terminater. I am not a huge terminater fan but I gotta say Christian Bail plays a good John Conner.
After the movie the sun was out so we headed back over to SixFlags and road a couple of coasters before the park closed.
I have always wanted to go to Brunch on Sunday mornings but we typically have church. So that is one thing that Jamie had planned for Sunday. He took me to a really nice place called The Guenther House. It is an old flour mill. It was really cool. Except for the part that when we got there there was an hour and 45 minute wait. Instead of wait that long we went to the bakery that they had and got a couple of things and called it Brunch. Soon after we finished eating our bakery goodies we headed back and got our kiddos. We missed them terribly!I think they missed us too! This is Tyler and Carter as we were heading back to our house. They seem like they were happy to have us back.
We had a flash flood down pour on that Sunda too. We always jump in the car and drive through all the puddles. This is out my window. Pretty crazy huh?
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Our Anniversary Weekend - - planned by Jamie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 people showing their love:
How cool that he planned the whole weekend for you guys!
Post a Comment