This past weekend I did the Beach to Bay Marathon Relay. It was soo much fun! This is our relay team plus Laura's Mom in the center. We drove down Friday afternoon and got the keys to our condo and from there fun only began. We had a delicious spaghetti dinner with fettuccine Alfredo as well. I was so incredibly nervous about running! I hardly slept a wink the night before.
Go Blazin' Bubble Butt Busters! Heather and I (Heather is the one in the tan shirt) Got up at 5:30 to get to the start line by 7:00. We weren't sure what to expect as far as traffic how well things will be labeled and so on. We got to the start line around 6:30, the race started at 7am.
In this picture we are missing Laura who ran the 3rd leg so Julie is holding up her number for her.
This is right before Heather starting running. Heather's leg was on the beach. She really enjoyed taking in the ocean scenary.
There was one team that was dressed like Indians. They all wore these loin cloth things. When the wind would blow you would see their entire bum. We got a good laugh out of this team.
This is me a few minutes before Heather came down the shoot to pass off to me. I was so nervous!
It's me. I had the second leg of the relay and my leg was 4.67 miles. I had a goal to run it in 30 minutes and because of my stupid broken pinky toe I missed my goal by 4 and a half minutes. But I'll take it. I was so happy that I came even that close to my goal. When I passed off to Laura there was no one there to celebrate with. The one person that I wanted there the most was back in San Antonio. I would have broken my other pinky toe to of had Jamie there with me when I finished.
After the race was finished. Minus Laura. We all proudly wore our metals!After the race, we went around to some of the tents that were set up just pass the finish line and got some free stuff. Then we headed back to the condo and went to the pool for the rest of the afternoon. It was so nice to relax and chill for the rest of the day.
Becky, Kristen and Heather left around 7pm or so and soon after they left the rest of us went to a seafood place. (I can't remember the name of the restaurant). It was really good. I tried clam chowder for the first time and it was delishious!
We had a pretty cool storm that rolled in later on Saturday evening. This picture is from the balcony looking towards the beach. The clouds would roll and the light would move in this crazy way that I had never seen before.I am going to be running in the Lavender 10K in June and can hardly wait to do that race!



4 people showing their love:
I love your white t-shirt under your tank!! ;) Just kidding...my arms look exactly the same!! Good job on the race :)
Congrat's on the race. Sounds like it was fun.
How the crap did u run it that fast? I'm so impressed. What training have you been doin? Fill me in!
I'm so proud of you for running in the race! You did deserve that metal! Many of us would have been there to cheer you on if we could have.
Post a Comment