Friday, January 30, 2009

Tyler's Eye Surgery

Tyler had his second surgery today. He had lazy eyes and he had a procedure today to correct them. He is such a brave little boy. These next few pictures are before the surgery. I think he looks so darn cute in his hospital gown! We were at a surgery center that caters to little kids which was so nice! It made Tyler so much more comfortable.

This picture is for all the grandma's that check this blog. He is hamming it up just for the lucky ladies that he gets to call grandma.

We wanted him to make a face like he was screaming. So this is it. Nice huh?

Cutey patootie!

Peek-A-Boo!

This is Tyler's new goofy face. He makes it all the time!

These next few pictures are of Tyler when he came out of surgery. The doctor told us that he growled at him and the anesthesiologist when he was waking up. It made us laugh. The surgery went really well and the doctor feels like it was successful. His eyes are super red and will be really red for a few weeks. He hasn't been in any pain he just looks like he is in pain.


At home eating a bowl of cereal.


Red eyes. They look a lot worse than they really are.
He's saying he's number one.

16 people showing their love:

Anonymous said...

Tyler, Are you Okay? I Hope he is. I hope he doesn't get surgery again. The End . Elijah :)

Mindy said...

You have one brave little guy!

Shaela said...

what a little trooper! Caleb saw me reading this post and said, Hey Mommy, that's my friend! :) hope he's doing well

Jennie said...

Tough little guy! Way to hang in there. Glad it went good!!

Anonymous said...

Poor bubby! Caleb says hello all the time to your pictures on the fridge. You guys have to make a trip up here soon.

Rolyndia said...

hope it heals quickly. Such a trooper.

Carly said...

I am glad that everything is going good for you guys and that Tyler is doing well. Tell him good job buddy.

BriANDaleen said...

Poor kid...what a trooper though!

Jodi said...

Oh Tyler, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad to hear that everything went well though.

Bridget said...

What a brave little guy! He scared me when he came to Primary, until he told me that he had surgery.

The Hekking Family said...

We are praying for him. We hope he gets better fast. What a trooper.

Valerie: said...

Poor little guy. How many surgeries has he had to have now? Does this mean he doesn't have to wear glasses anymore? Hope he recovers fast!!

emilie s. d. p. said...

What a trooper. I'm glad that he's not hurting and that the whole procedure went well. I've never even noticed that he had a lazy eye before. Hope he keeps feeling better and the redness goes away.

P.S. We still don't know where we'll be for law school but I'm secretly really hoping we can come to San Antonio...we'll see!

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

Poor guy! I'm glad everything went well, that's a lot for a little guy to have to go through. I'm glad he was happy enough to make funny faces and smile in the pre-op room! What a cutie!

Kristy said...

Such a funny little boy. Those are great pictures. I hope Tyler is feeling better soon. The red eyes look so uncomfortable.

carroll family said...

what a brave boy! I hope that he recovers soon, and the surgery is a complete success!! How nice that you had such a great place to have the surgery done.